Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

This Could Never Happen Now: C'etait un Rendevous

On Christmas, I went to my aunt and uncle's house. Now my uncle and my two cousins are huge car enthusiasts, which I must admit I am not. The whole first hour I was there they kept talking about this movie called Rendeveous that my uncle got for Christmas. Finally, they popped it in, and I was blown away. I watched it three more times with them. This is that movie, actually called C'etait un Rendevous. It is a ten-minute film released in 1976 in which the director, Claude LeLouch, strapped a camera onto the front of a Ferrari 275 GTB and drove through Paris at 5 or 6 AM. There is a ton of mythology surrounding the film, which you can read here. Also, I highly recommend seeing it on a large TV with surround sound. It blows this version out of the water. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment