Pages

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

MLB Playoff Preview: National League

I was going to do an in-depth look at the NL playoffs just like I did for the AL bracket, but then I realized WHO CARES? No one does a preview of the NIT, so why should I waste my time predicting who will be the fifth best (or eighth best, since the Red Sox, White Sox, and possibly Blue Jays could all win the NL) baseball team? So, making things short, I’m going to go with the NY Mets to get swept in the World Series by whoever. I know Pedro is out (and I just heard that his replacement, Orlando Hernandez, is out too), but the Mets are the only team with a viable lineup. The team I really want to win, though, is San Diego, because who better to win the most insignificant pennant than the most insignificant team in the playoffs? Here’s how I see the series going.

NY Mets over LA Dodgers, 3-2

St. Louis Cardinals over San Diego Padres, 3-2

NY Mets over St. Louis Cardinals, 4-1

Anyone from the AL over NY Mets, 4-0

No comments:

Post a Comment